RemicadeIs Home Infusion Right for You?
Infliximab & Golimumab
Biologic medications have been infused in homes for decades. Infusing at home — with support from an expert partner — can be a safe, convenient, and cost-effective treatment option for patients. That’s why Diplomat specializes in home infusions of biologics.
These include Remicade® (infliximab), Simponi Aria® (golimumab), and biosimilars of infliximab — intravenous inhibitors of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha for inflammatory conditions.
Infliximab and golimumab are both approved to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. Infliximab is also approved for Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and plaque psoriasis.
Benefits of Infusing at Home
You can choose home infusion if clinically appropriate. Most insurance companies allow — or even encourage — infusing at home instead of in a hospital outpatient setting.
Years of experience have shown that home infusion is safe and effective while making it easier for patients to stay on track with therapy.1 Home infusions can also cost much less than infusions at hospitals and outpatient infusion centers.2
With home infusion, many patients can:
- Save time and money by minimizing travel
- Stay in the privacy and comfort of their own homes
- Reduce out-of-pocket cost
- Take greater control of their schedule
- Reduce exposure to infections
Home Infusion Tailored to Your Needs
Diplomat provides personalized support and attention to patients receiving intravenous TNF-alpha inhibitors at home. This includes:
- Customized in-home nursing, training, and drug administration
- Access to a pharmacist 24/7, 365 days per year
- Treatment support and resources
- Expert reimbursement support
We are committed to breaking down barriers to care and improving patients’ quality of life. We are here 24/7, ready to answer your questions and offer support.
1. National Home Infusion Association, “Home Administration of Infused Biologics: Position Statement,” November 2017, nhia.org/documents/NHIA_Position_Infused_Biologics.pdf.
2. Magellan Rx Management, “Real World Analysis of the Economic Impact of Infliximab Utilization by. Site of Care and Medical Diagnosis Within Two Regional Health Plans,” October 2014, www1.magellanrx.com/media/330252/infliximab-poster_2014-fall-amcp.pdf.