Manage the continuum of specialty care.Diplomat is an integrated-benefit solution.
By 2022, half of the U.S. drug spend will be for specialty medications.1 The medical benefit account for 45 percent of commercial specialty spend.2 Diplomat's unique, comprehensive specialty solutions help you manage trend and optimize outcomes across the pharmacy and medical benefits.
Our collaborative approach tailors specialty management to your plan design, with site-of-care redirection and channel management to control care cost. Throughout, we capture real-world clinical data with patient-reported outcomes.
Ensure quality care for your members.Diplomat always puts patients first. For more than 40 years, Diplomat has helped patients through their treatment experience. Our personal patient support ensures effective clinical management and appropriate utilization. Our proprietary adherence tools, such as our CarePak™ adherence packaging and Care Kits for side-effect management, help patients adhere to treatment.
Our ServicesFind solutions for cost optimization, member satisfaction, and specialty trend.
We deliver pipeline forecasting, budget impact modeling, and benefit cost-driver assessments.
Extensive LDD Access
Diplomat has access to more than 125 truly limited-panel, limited-distribution drugs, with tailored wrap services to fill gaps in care.
Diplomat maximizes financial assistance, helping your members find third-party programs that work with your plan design.
Customized Split-Fill Program
Our split-fill program — including more than 65 medications — expands with pipeline-impacting treatments to avoid waste as therapies evolve.
We ship to all U.S. states and territories, with the logistics to ensure patients get their medication when and where they need it.
We call patients before every refill to confirm need. In 2018, we prevented $190 million in drug wastage by not auto-shipping and actively engaging patients in their treatments.3
Diplomat’s innovative biosimilar programs leverage prescriber education with provider-facing teams, patient education with clinical management, and strategic pipeline support.
Overall Satisfaction (0 — 100%)4
Net Promoter Score (-100 — 100)5
Health PlansDiplomat optimizes costs across benefits. With extensive experience with specialty and infusion drugs, we manage both the pharmacy and medical benefits seamlessly — driving therapeutic cost management and optimizing value.
Our care-management programs help avoid waste, including our split-fill program that expands to include significant new treatments in the pipeline.
Employers & UnionsDiplomat helps reduce absenteeism and control treatment cost.
Each year, absenteeism costs U.S. businesses more than $1,600 per employee.6 Diplomat helps keep your participants on the job with proprietary tools to help them adhere to treatment. The specialists in our Centers of Excellence coordinate patients’ care to meet their treatment needs efficiently — and drive 98 percent overall patient satisfaction.7
Pharmacy Benefit ManagersDiplomat’s tailored wrap services optimize costs. Diplomat helps you control specialty medication costs. We can provide wrap services for more than 125 limited-distribution drugs, with comprehensive clinical management and trend forecasting to eliminate stockpiling and drive adherence.
We also support our PBM partners’ proposal efforts, leveraging 40-plus years of specialty-pharmacy knowledge to drive proposal success.
- 1. Pharmacy Benefit Management Institute, "2018 Trends in Specialty Drug Benefits," 2018. Based on survey of 299 respondents who manage the drug benefit for their organization.
- 2. EMD Serono, "Specialty Digest: Managed Care Strategies for Specialty Pharmaceuticals," 2017. Based on survey of commercial health plan personnel responsible for specialty-drug services.
- 3. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy Internal Data, 2018 Approximate. Total annual cost avoidance from not auto-shipping. Based on cost of treatment per day during intentional gaps in therapy.
- 4. Diplomat, 2018. Third-party survey results. Based on respondents selecting “excellent,” “very good,” or “good” on a five-point scale. Approximate.
- 5. Diplomat, 2018. Third-party survey results.
- 6. CDC Foundation, “Worker Illness and Injury Costs U.S. Employers $225.8 Billion Annually,” January 2015.
- 7. Diplomat, 2018. Third-party survey results. Based on respondents selecting “excellent,” “very good,” or “good” on a five-point scale. Approximate.