DIY Craft: Lip GlossAuthor: Diplomat Pharmacy Date: April 07, 2020
It’s surprisingly easy to make your own lip gloss — and it really works!
Download the craft recipe card:
Make-it-Yourself Lip Gloss
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Flavored drink mix (half a package)*
- Small storage container
- 1. Put the coconut oil in a bowl and soften it in the microwave.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix the drink powder with a little bit of water — enough to coat the powder but not enough to make it liquid.
- 3. Add the mixture into the coconut oil until you get to the desired color. You can mix different flavors to create your own custom shade.
- 4. Put it into a container and refrigerate the containers until the gloss is solid.
*Powdered drink mix can be sour on its own. Try adding a little sugar to make it taste better.
Pro tip: We recycled and stored our lip gloss in lids from pharmacy pill bottles. Small makeup jars also work well.
Most Recent PostsMay 13, 2020
Laughter as Medicine: How Humor Helps With a Chronic ConditionMay 13, 2020
Exercise and Chronic Conditions
You Might Also Like
- Lifestyle Choosing an Accessible and Inclusive Camp for Kids: 14 Questions to Ask
- Recipes Low-Protein Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Lifestyle DIY: Make a Go-Kit for Sun Sensitivity
- Caregiver How to Help Your Children Grieve
- Recipes Orange and Yellow Smoothie Recipe
- Articles The Diplomat Health Activities for Kids Book