The Diplomat CookbookAuthor: Israa Alia, RDN, MBA Date: August 08, 2019
When you’re diagnosed with a complex health condition, many parts of your life can get harder.
Eating shouldn’t be one of them.
Diplomat’s dietitian, Israa Alia, has put together some delicious recipes that can help you get the nutrition you need for your condition. For more, download our cookbook using the link below!
You can find a sample recipe on this page!
Italian Pasta Salad (Low-Residue Diets)
Makes 12 servings of pasta
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Cooking utensils: Pasta pot, medium bowl
- 1 box (12 ounce) tricolor rotini pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced English cucumber, peeled with seeds removed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced baby carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1. Cook the pasta according to directions on the box. Place in a bowl.
- 2. Add tomatoes, zucchini, olives, cucumber, carrots, red onion, and Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to evenly coat.
- 4. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes, or up to one day.
Most Recent PostsMay 13, 2020
Laughter as Medicine: How Humor Helps With a Chronic ConditionMay 13, 2020
Exercise and Chronic Conditions
You Might Also Like
- New Diagnosis Fighting the Flu With a Weakened Immune System
- Lifestyle Fun at Home: Simple Activities for Kids
- Lifestyle Low-Impact Exercises With Big Health and Fitness Benefits
- Recipes Easy, Healthy Watermelon Salsa Recipe
- Nutrition The Diplomat Holiday Cookbook: Healthy Recipes for Eating and Entertaining
- Nutrition How to Hydrate Right