Orange Pumpkin Bread RecipeAuthor: Diplomat Pharmacy Date: March 06, 2020
Pumpkins and oranges lend their phytonutrients to this dessert. The addition of nuts and spices creates a comforting classic you can enjoy anytime.
Download recipe card or nutrition facts:Mobile
Orange Pumpkin Bread
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time:1 1/2 hours
Cooking utensils: Food processor, large bowl, medium bowl, loaf pan, wire cooling rack
- 1 large orange
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 2. Cut the orange into wedges and remove any seeds. Place the orange, including its peel, in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and set aside.*
- 3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until they're smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the pumpkin, water, and ground orange.
- 4. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Slowly add these ingredients to the batter, stirring frequently until they're moistened. Then, stir in the nuts and raisins.
- 5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- 6. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, then remove the loaf from the pan and cool it on a wire rack.
*Pro tip: If you want to use a blender instead of a food processor, cut the orange wedges into smaller pieces first.
Most Recent PostsMay 13, 2020
Laughter as Medicine: How Humor Helps With a Chronic ConditionMay 13, 2020
Exercise and Chronic Conditions
You Might Also Like
- Nutrition Eat the Rainbow: Go Purple for Your Heart and Your Brain
- Lifestyle, Mental Health In Sickness and in Health: Chronic Health Conditions and Relationships
- Recipes Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Nutrition The DASH for Heart Health
- New Diagnosis What Not to Say to People Who Have Chronic Health Conditions
- Nutrition The Diplomat Cookbook