Minty Avocado ShakeAuthor: Diplomat Pharmacy Date: March 16, 2020
A creamy and delicious treat, shakes are often high in fat and sugar, offering little to no nutrition value. Our take on this classic shake lets you indulge in this minty flavored dessert while providing ample protein and healthy fats.
Download the recipe card or nutrition cards:
Minty Avocado Shake
Makes two servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Cooking utensils: Blender, glasses
- 8 ounces vanilla almond milk
- 6 ounces frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract or peppermint
- Green food coloring, to preference
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- 1. Blend ingredients in a blender.
- 2. Pour into glass and top with whipped cream and maraschino cherry.
Note: Chia seeds have gelling properties, so it’s best to add them after blending.
Pro tip: To increase your calories, replace 8 ounces of vanilla almond milk with 8 ounces of vanilla-flavored nutritional supplement and 6 ounces of frozen yogurt with 6 ounces of vanilla ice cream.
You Might Also Like
- Lifestyle, Mental Health In Sickness and in Health: Chronic Health Conditions and Relationships
- Caregiver Understanding Anticipatory Grief
- Recipes Delicious and Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Caregiver Filling 6 Simple Needs: Helping a Loved One Who Has Cancer
- Lifestyle DIY Go-Kit for Nausea Symptoms
- New Diagnosis What Not to Say to People Who Have Chronic Health Conditions