Italian Pasta Salad RecipeAuthor: Israa Alia, RDA, MBA Date: December 05, 2019
Our colorful and flavorful pasta salad is a low-residue meal option that’s perfect for your next get-together.
Download the recipe or nutrition facts:
Italian Pasta Salad
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Cooking utensils: Medium saucepan, large bowl
- 1 box (12 ounces) rotini pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cups black olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups Italian dressing
- 1. Fill a medium saucepan with water and add salt. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for 8 to 12 minutes. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cool water.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, add rinsed pasta, tomatoes, zucchini, olives, cucumber, carrots, red onion, and Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat.
- 4. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes, or up to one day
Most Recent PostsMay 13, 2020
Laughter as Medicine: How Humor Helps With a Chronic ConditionMay 13, 2020
Exercise and Chronic Conditions
You Might Also Like
- Nutrition The Diplomat Cookbook
- Lifestyle Going Back to School With Chronic Disease
- Nutrition Protect Your Immune System: Clean Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Naturally
- Nutrition Excuse Cards: Share Your Restricted Dietary Needs Discreetly
- Caregiver When Good Times Remind You of Bad Times: Managing the ‘Anniversary Reaction’
- Nutrition Making Your Weight-Loss Goals Attainable